Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Book-Hoard

"If we encounter a man of great intellect, we should ask him what books he reads."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Since we are all admitted bibliophiles, I thought that it would be appropriate for our first discussion to be a reading list. ;~)
(This is mostly an excuse for me to add more books to my list...)
So here's the challenge:
List 3 books that you think are highly recommendable. My only stipulations are:
  1. No books you know we've already all read.
  2. No books that we've discussed extensively (in other words, Neil Gaimon is a given. As is Hero with a Thousand Faces).
  3. No repeats (you can second another person's opinion, but you still have to come up with your own list)
I can't wait to see what we come up with! (and now I have to stop avoiding my work...)

3 comments:

bwhawk said...

You didn't give us yours! I expected, at least, a starter list from you. I'll be posting my own list in the near future.

Leslie said...

I love that both of the things specifically mentioned in the "things we've talked about extensively rule" are mainly Bradon-related...hmmm.

And since I assume I can't include Tolkien on my list I'll suggest Roverandom here. Go. Read. It'll take like...an hour or two.

Amanda Grace said...

I didn't give my suggestions because I'm still thinking about them. It's so hard to decide! Don't worry, I'll have it up soon. ;~)